Is a Smile Makeover Right for Me?
When you think about your smile, are you happy with how it looks? Or do you wish your teeth were whiter, more symmetrical or proportionate, or more evenly spaced? If you have been dreaming of correcting multiple aspects of your smile, you're not alone. Discover what many people are calling a life-changing experience - a cosmetic dentistry process known as a smile makeover. For those interested in undergoing several cosmetic procedures for the ultimate smile makeover, our Albuquerque practice offers individualized plans that can dramatically transform any smile.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a well-planned series of cosmetic procedures aimed at enhancing the appearance of the smile. The plan can involve purely cosmetic treatments or include some restorative procedures, such as:
- Teeth whitening to reduce the appearance of stains and discolorations
- Composite restorations, also known as tooth-colored fillings
- Dental bonding to correct minor imperfections like chips and cracks
- Porcelain veneers to conceal irregularities in tooth size, shape, and color
- Porcelain crowns to protect badly damaged or decayed teeth
- Bridges or dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Orthodontics to properly align the teeth and correct bite issues
- Periodontal treatments to even out the gum line
A smile makeover is not necessarily an overnight process. The length of your treatment will depend on how many procedures are involved and any recovery time needed between each procedure. Because smile makeovers deliver such dramatic, long-lasting results, most patients feel the relatively short-term commitment is worth the investment.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
Having several dental imperfections can make some people feel self-conscious and shy. Smile makeovers help correct those imperfections so you can feel confident and excited about life!
Candidates for smile makeovers are in good health and usually have two or more of the following concerns:
- Stains and discoloration that make the teeth appear dark and old
- Decay and erosion that looks unsightly
- Older metal fillings that are unattractive or have started to fail
- Chipped teeth that can look unhealthy
- Rotated, crowded, or poorly aligned teeth that create a crooked smile
- Gaps between teeth that are a source of embarrassment
A detailed consultation will determine if you are a suitable candidate for this treatment.
What Is Involved in a Smile Makeover?
To begin a smile makeover, our experienced cosmetic dentist Tim Kelly will match your concerns with the most appropriate treatments to give you the smile you've always desired. We will perform a comprehensive exam of your mouth, noting tooth size, tooth alignment, gum line symmetry, and facial shape. We might also use X-rays, dental photography, and detailed measurements to help guide our treatment plan. Our goal is to give you a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile that will last for many years to come.
Learn More about Smile Makeovers
If you would like to correct several cosmetic aspects of your smile, a smile makeover might be a good solution for you. With more than 30 years of clinical experience and using the most advanced diagnostic techniques available, Dr. Tim Kelly is an expert in addressing the immediate needs of patients as well as caring for their long-term oral health. To learn if you are a good candidate for a smile makeover, we invite you to schedule a consultation. Our entire team looks forward to helping you achieve your ideal smile!